- COVID-19 Information
- Set Up A Business
- How We Help
- Talent Attraction
- Set Up Business
- Market Overview
- Register A Company
- Innovation Scouting
- Business Partner Search
- Expand & Develop
- Why Greater Copenhagen
- 10 Good Reasons
- Investment Opportunities
- Living & Working
- Case Stories
- Meet Us
Access to unique health data registries, along with a state-of-the-art hospital sector and healthcare system, makes Greater Copenhagen excellent for health technology testing and innovation.
With the highly advanced Scandinavian welfare model at its core, Greater Copenhagen is investing billions of euros into new hospitals and healthcare technology to sustain the highest level of welfare for an ageing population.Copenhagen Healthtech Cluster connects initiatives to deliver new healthtech solutions to address the health challenges that come with modern society.
Business opportunities for healthcare sector suppliers
Innovative solutions within telemedicine, e-health, assistive technology, homecare and digital healthcare are core focus areas in Greater Copenhagen, offering business opportunities for solution providers in the public and private healthcare sectors.
Leading hub for healthcare and healthtech testing and innovation:
- Electronic health data, such as personal registries are available from several decades past, allowing researchers to follow the course of disease
- 2.5 billion euro investments in new health IT infrastructure and new super hospital healthcare facilities over the next few years
- Test centres and living labs focusing on clinical testing and healthtech innovation
- Strong academic institutions specialising in healthtech, including the Technological University of Denmark and the University of Copenhagen
- IT-savvy citizens ready to test new technologies
- Network of innovative companies in medtech, healthcare IT and healthcare consulting. Find out more at Healthcare Denmark and Welfare Tech
- A proven track record of public-private partnerships
Strong life science and healthtech clusters in Greater Copenhagen:
- Medicon Valley, one of Europe’s leading life science clusters, brings together leading universities and life sciences, biotech and medtech companies such as Coloplast, Ambu, Novo Nordisk and Lundbeck.
- Copenhagen Healthtech Cluster (CHC) focuses on remodelling care provision, in order to provide improved citizen-centered solutions for institutions, homes for the elderly, rehabilitation and home care.