- Set Up A Business
- How We Help
- Talent Attraction
- Set Up Business
- Market Overview
- Register A Company
- Innovation Scouting
- Business Partner Search
- Expand & Develop
- Why Greater Copenhagen
- 10 Good Reasons
- Investment Opportunities
- Living & Working
- Case Stories
- Meet Us
Scandinavia’s largest recruitment base of highly skilled employees and privately and publicly employed researchers is in Greater Copenhagen.
Having the very best staff makes all the difference. Regardless of your industry, it is your employees' skills and hard work that makes your company a success.
Greater Copenhagen's workforce encompasses talented, highly motivated researchers, staff and students making it an excellent location for research and innovation.
Danes are more productive. Our profit per hour is three times higher in Denmark, where we have a better educated and more motivated work force.
Pete George | former Nordic President of CSC
Highly productive employees
The Danes are one of the most productive workforces in Europe across sectors and industries.
The Danish job mentality and work culture, characterised by a high degree of autonomy and empowerment at work, result in very responsible, reliable and hardworking employees.
Salaries in Denmark are however very competitive, because Denmark offers the world’s lowest employer costs. You will pay less than one percent (maximum 1,350 Euro) per employee per year in social contributions.
Copenhagen has the world's best workforce
Financial Times 2018
Most knowledge-intensive in Scandinavia
With 14,000 researchers, 17 science parks and 17 universities and university colleges with 190,000 students, ranked top in terms of university-industry cooperation, Greater Copenhagen offers Scandinavia’s most knowledge-intensive research and business environment.
- No. 2 in the world for worker motivation - IMD, 2015
- No. 2 in the EU for language skills - IMD World Talent Report 2014
- No. 3 in the world for labour productivity
- No. 4 in the world for readily-available skilled labour - IMD, 2015
- No. 5 in Europe for most talent competitive country- INSEAD, 2015
Great language proficiency
Nine out of 10 Danes speak English, and 6 out of 10 speak German.
Greater Copenhagen offers world-class talent
- Scandinavia's largest recruitment base of highly-skilled employees.
- Scandinavia's biggest pool of private and publicly employed researchers.
- 44,000 employees in the private life science sector.
- 75,000 employees in the cleantech industry, of which 44,000 are directly employed in green jobs.
Fast track for key employees
Denmark offers a fast-track scheme making it easier for certified companies to bring employees with special skills or qualifications to Denmark.
Attractive researcher tax scheme
An attractive tax scheme is available for foreign researchers and key employees.