- COVID-19 Information
- Set Up A Business
- How We Help
- Talent Attraction
- Set Up Business
- Market Overview
- Register A Company
- Innovation Scouting
- Business Partner Search
- Expand & Develop
- Why Greater Copenhagen
- 10 Good Reasons
- Investment Opportunities
- Living & Working
- Case Stories
- Meet Us
In regard to Tax and other payables to the tax authorities
On March 17, 2020, the Government, together with a unanimous Parliament, passed a bill aimed at keeping a close eye on Danish business and Danish employees, in order to ease the pressure on the liquidity of Danish companies. Since then, there have been made several updates to the agreement: May 28, 2020, June 16, 2020, June 29, 2020 & September 28, 2020. The following text was last updated 06/10/2020.
The following amendments apply:
- Companies' payment deadline for A-tax and labour market contributions is being postponed for several of the settlement months in 2020. Below, you can see the overviews of deadline postponements for SME’s and larger corporations.
Postponement of A-tax and labour market contributions for SME’s
Postponement of A-tax and labour market contributions for larger corporations
2. B-tax for April and May 2020 will also postpone the payment deadline, so payment must be made on June 22, 2020 and December 21, 2020 respectively.
3. In addition, the payment deadline for companies that pay VAT monthly is postponed by 30 days for 5 months of 2020 (March, April, May, July and August):
- The deadline of April 27, 2020 is postponed to May 25, 2020,
- The deadline of May 25, 2020 is postponed to June 25, 2020,
- The deadline of June 25, 2020 is postponed to July 27, 2020,
- The deadline of August 25, 2020 is postponed to September 9, 2020,
- The deadline of September 25, 2020 is postponed to October 2, 2020.
4. For companies that pay VAT on a quarterly basis, the first and second quarters of 2020 will be combined, so that the payment deadline will be September 1, 2020 for both quarters. The third and fourth quarters of 2020 will also be combined, so that the payment deadline for both quarters will be March 1, 2021.5. For companies that pay VAT on a semi-annual basis, the payment for the first and second half of the year are combined, so that the payment deadline becomes March 1, 2021 for both half-years. You must report each period on its own reporting.
6. Payment of postponed deadlines (new limit on the Tax Account)
If you want to pay earlier than the postponed deadlines, you must set a new payout limit on the Tax Account. Companies that do not have challenges with liquidity can thus continue to pay tax and VAT at the ordinary deadlines, because the deposited amount can remain in the Tax Account until the postponed deadline.
If you do not set a new payout limit, the payment will be returned from the Tax Account to the company’s NemKonto, as an excess payment. To keep the deposited amount on the Tax Account, you must log in to TastSelv Erhverv and change the payout limit in the Tax Account. You must do this before you pay.
- The option to raise the payout limit on the Tax Account applies in the period from May 7, 2020 to April 1, 2021.
- The payout limit on the Tax Account can be set to a maximum of DKK 100 billion.
- The payout limit is automatically set to DKK 0 again immediately after April 1, 2021.
- If your company still wants a payout limit after April 1, 2021, the company must immediately thereafter set a new payout limit within the applicable rules.
- Compensation for lost revenue (self-employed, freelancers, artists, and cultural institutions).
- Compensation for cancelled events (organisers).
- Compensation for expected fixed costs (ex. rent).
- Wage compensation for employees.
- Compensation for freelancers with B-income.
- Compensation for freelancers with mixed A- and B-income.
This page is constantly being updated. If you need further information, you can contact SKAT on +45 72 22 12 39.
SKAT opening hours:
Mondays from 9 -17
Tuesday through Thursday from 9 - 16
Fridays from 9-14.
In addition, their chat is open in the same period of time