- Set Up A Business
- How We Help
- Talent Attraction
- Set Up Business
- Market Overview
- Register A Company
- Innovation Scouting
- Business Partner Search
- Expand & Develop
- Why Greater Copenhagen
- 10 Good Reasons
- Investment Opportunities
- Living & Working
- Case Stories
- Meet Us
Hitachi chooses Copenhagen for its first Big Data laboratory in mainland Europe. Denmark’s strong competencies in data availability, health technology, smart city and energy efficiency were decisive for the choice.
The Japanese technology giant Hitachi develops Big Data-driven solutions for tomorrow’s sustainable society. Copenhagen offers unique access to comprehensive and long-standing electronic databases and registries, excellent for research, testing and development of healthtech, smart city and energy efficiency solutions.
As a result, Hitachi has chosen Copenhagen for its first Big Data laboratory in mainland Europe. Copenhagen’s ambitious climate target of becoming carbon-neutral already in 2025 as well as the national target of becoming independent of fossil fuels by 2050 have long accelerated the development of data-based, CO2-reducing solutions. Moreover, the establishment of five new high-tech hospitals in Greater Copenhagen offers great opportunity for developing and testing new digital healthtech solutions.
It is a great honour to be involved in developing even better healthcare solutions in Copenhagen. We look forward to combining the Danish experience in areas such as medical and hospital care with the Hitachi Group's expertise and technology in the field.
- Yutaka Saito | Executive Vice President and Executive Officer, Hitachi Ltd.
Reasons for choosing Copenhagen
- Denmark is promoting activities with ambitious goals in the health, transport and environment & energy sectors.
- Unique access to electronic health data, such as personal registries, available from several decades past.
- Towards 2022, Denmark will build and renovate 16 hospitals, five of those in Copenhagen, offering great opportunity for developing new digital healthtech solutions.
- A long tradition for strong collaboration between the public sector, industry, and academia.
- IT savvy citizens open to testing new technologies.
The Japanese technology company Hitachi is one of the world's largest multinational corporations, having a turnover of $93.4bn in 2013. Hitachi is headquartered in Tokyo and has more than 320,000 employees worldwide. Hitachi develops and provides innovative solutions in fields such as healthcare, infrastructure systems, IT and telecommunications, automotive systems and construction Machinery.
How can we help your company?
Copenhagen Capacity and Invest in Denmark worked closely with Hitachi on the establishment in Copenhagen. Services included market research, advice on Big Data business opportunities and the establishment of contacts among public decision-makers as well as knowledge institutions and hospitals across the region.