- Set Up A Business
- How We Help
- Talent Attraction
- Set Up Business
- Market Overview
- Register A Company
- Innovation Scouting
- Business Partner Search
- Expand & Develop
- Why Greater Copenhagen
- 10 Good Reasons
- Investment Opportunities
- Living & Working
- Case Stories
- Meet Us
Greater Copenhagen is the logistics capital and centre of gravity in Scandinavia, bridging Europe and the Nordics. With ten countries bordering the Baltic Sea, you can reach 100 million consumers within 24 hours.
Almost 55% of all Scandinavian companies – more than one million – and 35% of the entire Scandinavian population are within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
Logistics leaders in Copenhagen
Large global logistics companies in Copenhagen include DHL Express, FedEx, PostNord, UPS and TNT.
They have chosen Greater Copenhagen for their logistics centre in Scandinavia, owing to the region’s excellent infrastructure and its close proximity and short lead time to the rest of Scandinavia, Northern Europe, Russia and the Baltics.
E-commerce in Scandinavia starts in Greater Copenhagen.
The Nordics ranked 4th largest in Europe measured in online revenue.
Cushman & Wakefield
Considering a logistics centre in Scandinavia?
Greater Copenhagen offers:
- Scandinavia’s largest airport and seaports, measured by number of connections, passengers and cargo traffic.
- Large intermodal logistics hubs and parks: CPH Airport Business Park, Køge – Scandinavian Transport Centre, Lolland Falster Logistic Parks, Greve Distribution Centre and Copenhagen Malmö Port.
- Highly competent supply chain professionals, ranked first in the world for Logistics Management by IMD 2016.
- 42% of all Scandinavian businesses (100+ employees) within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- 35% of the entire Scandinavian population within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- 53% of all Scandinavian companies (more than 1 million companies) within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- By 2028, the world’s longest rail and highway tunnel will link Denmark and Germany – The Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link, reducing travel time between Copenhagen and Hamburg from 4 hours to 2.5 hours.
Copenhagen has Scandinavia's largest airport
Copenhagen Airport is Scandinavia’s largest airport with the most intercontinental, European, Scandinavian & Baltic connections of all the Scandinavian airports, expanding to 40 million passengers in 2020. The airport is located in the heart of Greater Copenhagen, only 15 minutes from the city centre.
- No. 1 airport in Northern Europe – Skytrax World Airport Awards 2018.
- No. 3 in the world for “Best airport security” – World Airport Awards 2018.
- No. 3 of world’s best distribution infrastructures – IMD 2018.
Newly developed Airport Business Park of 300.000 sqm
Denmark is no. 1 in the world for Logistics Management