The logistics capital of Scandinavia: Copenhagen
Greater Copenhagen is Scandinavia’s logistics hub. From here, you can reach 100 million consumers in Scandinavia and the Baltics within 24 hours.
Greater Copenhagen is the logistics capital and centre of gravity in Scandinavia, bridging Europe and the Nordics. With ten countries bordering the Baltic Sea, you can reach 100 million consumers within 24 hours.
Almost 55% of all Scandinavian companies – more than one million – and 35% of the entire Scandinavian population are within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
Logistics leaders in Copenhagen
Large global logistics companies in Copenhagen include DHL Express, FedEx, PostNord, UPS and TNT.
They have chosen Greater Copenhagen for their logistics centre in Scandinavia, owing to the region’s excellent infrastructure and its close proximity and short lead time to the rest of Scandinavia, Northern Europe, Russia and the Baltics.
E-commerce in Scandinavia starts in Greater Copenhagen.
The Scandinavian e-commerce market is the eighth largest in the world with internet retail sales exceeding 20 billion euros. Greater Copenhagen is your gateway.
Considering a logistics centre in Scandinavia?
Greater Copenhagen offers:
- Scandinavia’s largest airport and seaports, measured by number of connections, passengers and cargo traffic.
- Large intermodal logistics hubs: Copenhagen-Malmö Port and Køge Port.
- Highly competent supply chain professionals, ranked first in the world for Logistics Management by IMD 2014.
- 42% of all Scandinavian businesses (100+ employees) within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- 36% of the entire Scandinavian population within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- 53% of all Scandinavian companies (more than 1 million companies) within a 3-hour drive from Copenhagen City.
- By 2024, the world’s longest rail and highway tunnel will link Denmark and Germany - The Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link, reducing travel time between Hamburg and Copenhagen to two hours.
Copenhagen has Scandinavia's largest airport
Copenhagen Airport is Scandinavia’s largest airport with the most intercontinental, European, Scandinavian & Baltic connections of all the Scandinavian airports, expanding to 40 million passengers in 2020. The airport is located in the heart of Greater Copenhagen, only 15 minutes from the city centre.
- No. 1 airport in Northern Europe – World Airport Awards 2015.
- No. 1 for world’s best airport route development – World Routes Award 2013.
- No. 2 in the world for “Best airport security” – World Airport Awards 2015.
Denmark is no. 1 in the world for Logistics Management and Green Technology Solutions
– IMD 2014.