Oct 31, 2018
ICT and high tech industries
For two years in a row, Denmark has been ranked the most digital country in the EU. Now, Denmark is also named the most digital country in the world in the International Digital Economy and Society Index 2018.
A tech-savvy population, extensive digitisation of public services, and enterprises that are among the first to implement new digital technology.
These are some of the reasons why Denmark is ranked the most digital country in the world by the European Commission who has authored the International Digital Economy and Society Index 2018.
“Having fostered global successes such as Skype, Trustpilot and JustEat, Denmark is one of the most creative and innovative countries in the EU and the world. Denmark is pushing a progressive digitisation agenda in the public sector making data accessible for companies. This makes Greater Copenhagen a leading hotspot for innovative tech startups and smart city solutions”
- Claus Lønborg, CEO, Copenhagen Capacity.
You may also like: Denmark is the most digital country in the EU
Digital across business and public services
The Index ranks according to five digital dimensions:
- Connectivity – the deployment of broadband infrastructure and its quality
- Digital skills – The skills needed to take advantage of the possibilities offered by a digital society
- Citizen use of Internet – the variety of activities performed by citizens already online
- Business technology integration – the digitization of business and development of online sales channels
- Digital public services – the digitisation of public services, focusing on eGovernment
The International Digital Economy and Society Index 2018 measures the digital economy performance of EU28 Member States and the EU as a whole in comparison with 17 other countries around the world; Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Serbia, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey and the United States.
You may also like: hedgehog lab opens European headquarters in Copenhagen
Discover IT/Tech opportunities in Greater Copenhagen
If you want to know more about IT/Tech business opportunities in Greater Copenhagen, please contact Oliver Hall, Head of Tech Investments, on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0045 21 84 74 44.