Young Professionals in Denmark (former Youth Goodwill Ambassador Programme)
Young Professionals in Denmark is a career development programme for international students to gain skills and knowledge on how to successfully land a full-time job after graduation and to meet and interact with Danish-based companies looking for international talent.
The programme runs from September to June and during that period you will attend workshops to understand the working culture in Denmark, to learn effective job search skills and to improve your career prospects in Denmark. In addition to that, you will be invited to visit companies to whom your skill set is relevant and to large-scale matchmaking events with a broad range of Danish-based companies.
Who Can Apply?
To join the programme, you must be a non-Danish full-degree Master's, PhD or MBA student at one of the seven partner Universities in Denmark; Aalborg University, Copenhagen Business School, Technical University of Denmark, University of Copenhagen, IT University of Copenhagen, Roskilde University and University of Southern Denmark.
Top Benefits For You
Among many other, here are listed the top five advantages for international students to become a Young Professinal in Denmark:
- Join a global network of over 1000 talented international students from more than 75+ countries
- Participate in career development events and company visits organised by Copenhagen Capacity and your Danish university. For inspiration, you can check out the calendar with upcoming events
- Expand your professional network through meetings with leading companies in Denmark
- Participate in two large-scale matchmaking events with the possibility to meet Danish companies and potentially your future employer
- Learn how to brand yourself towards future employers and get advice on and inspiration for your future career in Denmark
After completing the one-year programme to the satisfactory of your university, you will receive a certificate that states your achievements during the programme. The certificate is a strong addition to you CV when applying for jobs, and several Danish companies are familiar with the programme and acknowledge the value of the candidates who have completed it.
In order to receive the above-mentioned certificate, there are some requirements, which you need to prepare for:
- You will be invited to approx. one career development event or company visit a month, and we expect that you participate in at least six of such events during the programme.
- You will be invited to two large-scale matchmaking events - one in the fall and one in the spring - and we expect you to participate in at least one of them.
- You will be expected to take an active part in branding your university and its education by developing at least one type of content for digital marketing, eg. a blog post or a video interview about your experience as an international student at your university.
Selection Criteria and Application Process
Selection for the programme is primarily based on your motivation to pursue career opportunities in Denmark during and after the completion of your studies. When you have uploaded your updated CV in English and submitted your application below, you will receive an email in which we ask you to answer two questions in a video interview. The video is the main part of your application to the programme, and we will not consider your application if it is not completed. Practical instructions will follow after you have submitted your application below.
Next application period open in summer 2019.