Help us build the future IoT platform for cities
18 January 2017
ICT and high tech industries
SELECT for Cities has a budget of 3.4 million Euros to launch an innovation challenge to build the future IoT platform for cities – call for tenders opens on 9 February 2017.
The SELECT for Cities competition invites European companies to design and develop a data-driven, single-solution Internet-of-Everything (IoE) platform across European cities – namely Copenhagen, Helsinki and Antwerp
Copenhagen, Helsinki, and Antwerp are front-runners within the Smart City movement and looking for new ways to solve urban challenges through big data and Internet-of-Things (IoT), in order to create value for policy makers, companies, and citizens.
SELECT for Cities is a research & development (R&D) project, providing co-funding to companies and IoT experts, who will get a unique chance to co-create an innovative IoT platform with city authorities.
Why participate in SELECT for Cities?
- Better preparation to address an emerging market.
- Public financial support for R&D.
- Collaboration with public authorities on every stage of the R&D process.
How does the competition work?
- Phase 1 - Selected candidates are invited to elaborate their concept ideas into a competitive solution design. Expected duration: 6 weeks.
- Phase 2 - The participants with the most promising solution designs will be invited to create a well outlined and functioning prototype. Expected duration: 6 months.
- Phase 3 - a limited number of candidates will receive a budget to pilot their prototypes withina living lab environment. Expected duration: 9 months.
For more information, please visit www.select4cities.eu
Want to know more about ICT in Greater Copenhagen?
If you want to hear more about Greater Copenhagen’s ICT sector or about setting up a business in Greater Copenhagen, please contact Head of ICT Investments, Oliver Hall, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0045 21 84 74 44.