Copenhagen has the 2nd best reputation in the world
04 October 2017
Society and living
Copenhagen has the best reputation in Europe and the second-best reputation in the world owing to three main factors, according to Reputation Institute’s City RepTrak 2017.
Every year, the Reputation Institute ranks the 56 cities around the world with the best global reputation.
This year the capital of Denmark, Copenhagen, jumped from eight to second place - only surpassed by Sydney with 0,3 points. Copenhagen especially scores high when it comes to three factors: living, working and investing.
Copenhagen scores top points in RepTrack 2017
- Copenhagen is #2 in the world and #1 in Europe for living.
- Copenhagen is #2 in the world and #1 in Europe for working.
- Copenhagen is #5 in the world and #2 in Europe for investing
“Copenhagen has been highlighted as the world’s most liveable city many times by international media who are impressed with our bicycle culture, green public spaces and unique work-life balance. A combination that fosters creativity, motivation and happiness among employees and contributes to Greater Copenhagen’s highly attractive business environments with strong industry clusters and innovative companies”, says Claus Lønborg, CEO, Copenhagen Capacity.
You may like: Greater Copenhagen is second best metropolitan for high-value investments
Copenhagen: The most livable city
During the past years, Copenhagen has been named the most livable city more than once. In 2016, the American design magazine Metropolis ranked Copenhagen the best city in the world highlighting the ease of getting around by bike, the great public spaces and the Nordic kitchen scene.
Additionally, Copenhagen has been named the most livable city in the world three times by the international lifestyle magazine the Monocle. They have especially praised Copenhagen’s green and blue areas, the human scale of the city and the intelligent city planning.
You may like: Denmark jumps 20 spots in best places for expats survey
- The Reputation Institute’s annual report - called City RepTrack - is a global survey based on more than 23,000 consumer ratings that are collected in the G8 countries by the Reputation Institute.
- The Reputation Institute is as research and advisory firm that provides communications and marketing executives a way to measure their reputation performance.
- Read more about the City RepTrack report here.